Burlington Headquarters Building
Now commonly referred to as the Burlington Building, this structure was originally designed by A. R. Dufrene in 1879 as a three-story headquarters building for the Burlington and Missouri Railroad Company.
In 1899 architect Thomas Kimball extensively remodeled the building and added an interior skylit court with galleries and staircases of cast iron and oak. The building was designed to resemble the Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Building in Chicago. The railroad occupied the building until 1966. It was completely renovated for use as modern offices in 1982.
(This building is also listed in the National Register of Historic Places.)